For over 30 years, MKI has offered quality service in the heat treating
and brazing of metals. In the specialized field of furnace brazing, we offer
the following services for commercial, aerospace and military applications:
- Furnace brazing in accordance with MIL-B-7883 Type II and other widely
recognized and accepted procedures.
- Protective atmospheres including pure dry hydrogen, argon, nitrogen,
helium or vacuum to eliminate oxidation or other contaminants, and ensure
optimal wetting, brightness and joint quality of the finished assemblies.
- Brazing of stainless and carbon steels; 904L, Carpenter 20Cb-3; nickel
alloys such as Monel 400, Inconel 600, and Hastelloys; lead-free brasses;
OFHC copper; beryllium-copper and other base metals.
- Active alloy vacuum brazing of tantalum, titanium, etc.
- Metallized ceramic windows and ceramic-to-metal feed-thru assemblies
may be incorporated into braze
- Filler metals including a wide variety of gold, silver, copper, and
- Fluxless brazing for high-vacuum applications.
We excel at difficult and complex assemblies of OFHC copper, stainless
and Monel or other components which must be assembled by step-brazing
using multiple filler metals.
Certifications are available in accordance with your process and quality
control specifications (subject to our review), or to widely accepted
brazing procedures and specifications.
For further information, please contact us at