For over 30 years, MKI has offered quality service in the heat treating
and brazing of metals. In addition to our specialty of wire mesh annealing,
we also offer the following heat treating services for commercial, aerospace
and military applications:
- Bright Annealing in hydrogen, argon, and vacuum of stainless steels;
brasses and copper alloys; carbon and alloy steels; aluminum alloys;
nickel and its alloys such as Invar, Monel, Inconel and Hastelloys;
and super alloys.
- Wet Hydrogen Annealing of glass sealing alloys such as Kovar.
- Magnetic Annealing of high permeability alloys such as Mu-Metal, Hipernom,
Moly Permalloy, Allegheny-Ludlum 4750, 50-50 Nickel-Iron, et al.
- Bright Hardening of martensitic 400 Series stainless steels (410,
416, 420F, 440C) and air-hardening tool steels (such as A-2, A-10, D-2).
- Precipitation Hardening of beryllium-copper alloys, 17-4 PH, 17-7
PH, 15-7 Mo, 13-5 PH, A286, Monel K-500, Inconel X-750 and other alloys.
- Tempering, Normalizing, and Stress Relieving and other thermal processing
of all alloys mentioned above, particularly stainless steels; also stress
relieving of titanium in vacuum; stress relieving, aging or stabilization
of aluminum alloys.
Certification is available to your process specification, or to other
widely recognized and accepted process and quality control specifications.
Please note that we do not offer the following processes:
Oil-hardening of materials such as O-1, drillrod, 4140, 4340, 52100,
spring steels, 1075, 1095, plain steel, etc;case hardening, carburizing,
nitriding, flame or induction hardening of steels;black oxide; austempering
or martempering; high-speed "M" series tool steels.
For further information, please contact us at